[DLSLUG-Announce] DLSLUG: Monthly Meeting - March 3rd

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Feb 28 09:30:18 EST 2005

            Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Linux Users Group
                    http://www.dlslug.org/

The next regular monthly meeting of the DLSLUG will be held:
                    Thursday, March 3rd, 7-9PM
at:         Dartmouth College, Carson Hall Room L02
                 All are welcome, free of charge.

                             Agenda

7:00  Sign-in, networking

7:15  Introductory remarks

7:20  Managing Linux systems by serial console

	  Presented by James Fogg

	  We will explore managing Linux systems by RS232 console.
       The reasons why it is a good idea and how to do it will
       be covered. We will also discuss ways to scale this
       solution to hundreds of servers using devices like
       terminal and console servers.

8:50  Roundtable Exchange - where the attendees can make
       announcements or ask a linux question.

Please see the website for links to directions.

If any area companies are interested in sponsoring refreshments, please
let me know.

Please RSVP so we can give a refreshment sponsor a headcount.

---------
MAILING LISTS

    There are two primary mailman lists set up for DLSLUG, an Announce
    list and a Discuss list.  Please sign up for the Announce list
    (moderated, low-volume) to stay apprised of the group's activities
    and the Discuss list (unmoderated) for group discussion.
    Links to the mailing lists are on the webpage.

    Please pass this information along to anyone else who may be
    interested.

-----
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle